- I have been practicing in Edmonton, Canada for over 25 years.
- I have full training/supervision in Self-Regulation Therapy.
- I am a Certified Bioenergetic Therapist with the International Institute of Bioenergetic Analysis.
- I have full training as a practitioner of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
- I have had extensive training in the Energy Therapies.
- My dog and cats occasionally serve as co-therapists.
- My academic credentials include a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology; and two undergraduate degrees, including a Bachelor of Theology.
- I have an active spiritual life and do Chi Gong meditation daily.
- I have been happily married for 25 years and have a 14 year-old adopted daughter.
Roy Psychotherapy believes in a holistic approach to therapy that integrates body, mind and spirit. With its abundant resources, our clinic is able to offer clients a multi-faceted approach to therapy. Our specialists sometimes use multiple techniques in conjunction with one another, combining them as necessary to formulate an individualized program of of healing for each patient. As a mental health facility committed to offering assistance to the Sherwood Park community, services are offered on a sliding scale. Roy Psychotherapy offers services to children as well as adults, and has treated many youth for learning and developmental disorders such as Dyslexia and Asperger’s Disorder. The clinic also offers treatment for Disruptive Behavior Disorders including ADHD and Conduct Disorder.
As part of our commitment toward an inclusive and egalitarian practice, our clinic is sensitive towards those with alternative sexual orientations. Roy Psychotherapy also strives for cultural sensitivity and offers certain therapies in English, French, and Spanish. We may also be able to offer therapy in other languages on a case by case basis. If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with a mental illness and require treatment, or if you are experiencing a difficult time in your life and would like emotional support, contact Roy Psychotherapy to schedule a free, no-obligation intake consultation at our Sherwood Park clinic. At your appointment, an intake specialist will discuss your needs with you and assist you in determining the appropriate course of action. Contact our clinic today and take the first step toward positive change.